Friday, October 17, 2008

Android shipping update...

Er... there is no update! Since I last posted breathlessly that the Androids have started to ship, nothing has happened for my specific android. UPS still reports "billing information received." I guess I won't have a new phone on Friday.

Next week it is. In the mean time, there are a bunch of reviews hitting the street. Personally I want to see how much faster the 3G network is - AT&T's 3G iPhone network appears to be a speedy 2x over the slow EDGE network. Go go power 200 kbits/sec.

It's hard to tell exactly how fast the G1 will be on 3G, but some people think it will have HSDPA which should give it nearly megabit speeds. This all remains to to be seen.

However in the mean time, the 3G network has been switched on here in San Francisco. I'll let you know how it goes as soon as it hits my hands.

No comments: